Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Moment 11: The Gift that Makes You Cry

We all children have this little competition going on every Christmas…who can get that sentimental nostalgia gift that will make our parents cry? We usually succeed.

But no gift I’ve ever received touches me more deeply than the one God gave me. I’m blown away when the Bible says, “God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son” (John 3:16 )…gave Him to die on a cross, to absorb all the guilt and all the hell of all my sins. He did it for you, too.

To understand how much you mean to God, put your name in that Bible verse. “God loved ______ (put your name there) so much that He gave His one and only son that if ______ would believe in Him, then ______ will never die, but have eternal life.” God sacrificed His Son for you!

Isn’t it time you belong to this Jesus who gave everything so you could?

No comments: