Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Six Magnets To Pull People To JESUS- Day 3

Day 3: A Story They Can't Deny

Last time we discussed the first magnet to pull people to Jesus - a life they can’t argue with. The main reason people don’t come to Christ is what they’ve seen in Christians. When you represent your Savior, a person ought to feel more important not less important when you’ve talked to them. Offer Jesus gently with respect and live a life they can’t argue with.


What's the Jesus difference?


The second magnet to pull people to Jesus is a story they can't deny. Talk about the One "who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." We call it a hope story - a story no one else on this planet can tell. You're the only one who has your hope story, and people need to know what difference Jesus has made in your life. When seeing a product advertised on T.V., people want to know the difference that product makes. What they want to know about Jesus is not necessarily the things you believe and about all the meetings you attend. They want to know what difference Jesus makes.


Find out their story. You know enough about them to know where the hurts are in their life, where the holes are in their life, and what the concerns them most. There are things you know Jesus can do something about. Bridge from their story to begin to tell your hope story. Don't just tell about how your relationship with Jesus began, but explain what Jesus has done for you and the difference He has made in your life. Your hope story doesn't explain the Gospel.


No matter how good you've been in life, you have a hope story. Every Christian has a personal story of hope telling what their life would be like if it weren't for Jesus. Tell about what your stressful times would be like without Jesus. Tell about what kind of mom or dad you'd be if there were no Jesus. What kind of husband or wife would you be? How are the lonely times, the depressing times, and the hospital times different? Start with their story, move to your hope story, and then you tell His love story.


The best way to present the Gospel is to embed it in your hope story. You might say, "You know, things did not change until I realized that my real problem was that I was away from the God I was made for. I hijacked my life from Him. It wasn't His choice to be away from me, but I had decided I could run my life better than God. The Bible calls that sin and I realized that there was a death penalty for running my own life. There was no way I could ever have a personal relationship with God unless that wall between me and God came down and that death penalty could be paid. God loved us so much He sent His Son to pay our death penalty. He died, but then He walked out of His grave. He's alive! The day I grabbed Him like a drowning person would grab a rescuer and put my total faith in Him, is when this change I told you about began." They'll listen to your hope story and they'll listen to His love story.


Your hope story is all about the Jesus difference. If you know Him, you have a story to tell. Listen to their story to win you the right to tell your hope story, then embed in your hope story the love story of Jesus.


Next, we will discuss the third and fourth magnets to pull people to Jesus.

No comments: